Welcome back for another round of Random Thursday! I have to admit, these are some of my favorite posts that I do at this point because they’re always different. Usually, I’m reviewing something or posting promotions and frankly, as much as I love those, they just don’t have the same spin on the fun factor at times.
This week, and with that fun factor in mind, I thought back on when I started the blog and one of the things I loved doing. These days, I don’t have time to do them like I did, but I still love them. That being said, I compiled a list of them I’d like to do myself for WHR, and one that I’ve previously done that were a lot of fun.
The – I Dare You – Book Tag
you must be honest
you must answer all the questions
you must tag at least 4 people
1. What book has been on your shelf the longest?
2. What is your current read, your last read, and the book you’ll read next?
3. What book did everyone like, but you hated?
4. What book do you keep telling yourself you’ll read, but you probably won’t?
5. What book are you saving for retirement?
6. Last page: read it first, or wait ’til the end?
7. Acknowledgment: waste of paper and ink, or interesting aside?
8. Which book character would you switch places with?
9. Do you have a book that reminds you of something specific in your life? (Place, time, person?)
10. Name a book that you acquired in an interesting way
11. Have you ever given a book away for a special reason to a special person?
12. Which book has been with you most places?
13. Any “required reading” you hated in high school that wasn’t so bad two years later?
14. Used or brand new?
15. Have you ever read a Dan Brown book?
16. Have you ever seen a movie you liked more than the book?
17. Have you ever read a book that’s made you hungry, cookbooks included?
18. Who is the person whose book advice you’ll always take?
19. My question is: Is there a book out of your comfort zone (e.g., outside your usual reading genre) that you ended up loving?
The Sims Book Tag –
Note: I’ve been wanting to do this one for ages. I grew up playing the Sims. Literally, I bought the original Sims from Target when I was 14. Yes, 14.
THE ORIGINAL SIMS- BEST AUTHOR DEBUT
THE GRIM REAPER- THE SADDEST CHARACTER DEATH
SIMS GETTING STUCK- A CHARACTER THAT JUST GOT IN THE WAY
SIMLISH- A BOOK WITH AMAZING WRITING
EXPANSION PACKS- A SERIES WHERE THE BOOKS KEEP GETTING BETTER AND BETTER
SIMS ROMANCE- THE WORST CASE OF INSTALOVE
CHEATS- A CONTEMPORARY BOOK THAT WAS ENTIRELY UNREALISTIC
NEEDS FULFILLMENT- A CHARACTER WHO MADE ALL THE WRONG DECISIONS
ERROR CODE 12- A SERIES THAT STARTED OFF GREAT THEN WENT DOWNHILL FROM THERE
THE SIMS VORTEX- A BOOK/SERIES THAT COMPLETELY ENGROSSED YOU
The Blogger Stats Book Tag
Note: Seriously, this one just looks like fun. It’s basically quickfire questions and a great way to get to know a blogger. I do believe it was made by Stuart over at Always Trust In Books. Check out his blog, it’s good stuff!
The last three books you read?
Spoilers or spoiler free?
How long have you been book blogging?
A book you read in one sitting?
Your favorite genre?
Preferred book size? (novella, tome…etc)
Amount of books on your TBR?
A book you have DNF’d?
Recent awards or milestones?
Best interaction with an author you enjoy?
Average number of books you read per month?
Top three publishers?
Social media sites your blog uses?
Average amount of time you spend networking?
Most comfortable blogging position?
Music or quiet when writing reviews?
Can you sum up your blogging style in 5 words?
A blog you looked up to starting out?
The best book you have reviewed so far?
Best piece of blogging advice?
Tags I’ve Done In The Past
There was one I was tagged in that I also never got to do. I can’t find it now either, called The Burrito Bowl. It was about layers of books. Still want to do it someday if I can find it.
Anyway! You guys have a great Thursday. 😀